Protection Orders





 Hiwassee River


The forms below may be opened in your browser by clicking on the form's name, or you may right-click on the name and choose to save the file to your hard drive. They cannot be filled out directly from your computer. All forms are Microsoft Word documents except as indicated by .


We recommend that you read the information elsewhere in these pages (especially Seeking Protection) before you fill out a form.  You are not entitled to the Order of Protection just because you complete the Petition asking for one.

Petition for Order of Protection.  Fill this out first. Be sure to be specific in explaining why you need protection. Don't say you are in fear. Say what happened to make you afraid.

Temporary (Ex Parte) Order of Protection. You can help the clerk by filling out the personal information in the form. This is a temporary order that a judge signs if he or she thinks you need protection immediately.

Subpoena. It is for any witnesses you may need. You must fill out the subpoena and give it to the court clerk.

Final Order of Protection. This is the final order. Ask the clerk whether it will help if you fill out the personal information on this form, rather than the clerk or judge.

Firearms Declaration. Defendants complete this affidavit, usually saying that a third party holds firearms while an Order of Protection is in effect.

Modified or Extended Order of Protection.  A judge may extend an Order of Protection for as long as a year. This is both the motion you file and the order the judge will sign. Check with the clerk about a month before the old order expires.

Restraining Order. This is a second-best order (an Order of Protection is better). Judges sometimes issue it instead of an Order of Protection. Judges will usually  need this form because clerks do not have their own versions of it.

Mutual Restraining Order.  This is the third-best order -- after the Order of Protection and the Restraining Order. Judges will usually need this form because clerks do not have their own versions of it.

Order Enforcing Order of Protection. This form is for use when judges find that  there has been a violation of an Order of Protection.

Notice of Appeal. You will need a lawyer to argue the appeal, but you can file this notice yourself. Do so within 30 days of the judge's order in Chancery or Circuit Courts. In other courts, the period may be as few as 10 days. Check with the clerk about the time and whether you must pay court costs or furnish a bond.

Home • Up • Property • Estate Plans • Conservatorships • Estates • Divorce • Housing • Consumer • General Sessions Court • Juvenile Court • Circuit & Chancery Cts • Protection Orders • Family • Miscellaneous